My husband found this recipe a couple months ago and made it on a gloomy Saturday. It's been in my head to make it again with leftover chicken and this week I decided to do just that! I try and stretch a whole chicken to 3 meals since we can get one chicken from Walmart for under $6. It makes for a very budget friendly week of groceries when we do this. The last time we had a whole chicken my husband also saved the broth and that's the broth I used to make this soup. It was SO flavorful! The original recipe comes from All Recipes and I will link it HERE , but I did switch it up and exclude a few things. Enjoy! Ingredients: 1 onion, chopped. 3 cloves garlic, minced. 1 TBSP olive oil. 2 tsp chili powder. 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomato. 1 (10.5 oz) can chicken broth (or homemade). 1 1/4 cups water. 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained. 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed. 1/4 cup cilantro, plus extra for garnish. 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked. Corn muffins or tortilla chi...
Comments
Post a Comment